Mosquito & Tick
Population Control Tips
Are you tired of hiding from your yard? Have you decided that change needs to happen?
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO CONTROL MOSQUITOES AND TICKS, besides call Profishant?
- Start Simple, take care of the obvious. See the list below, “What can I do?” The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the EPA say that for reducing insect populations around your home, integrated pest management (IPM) is still the best first step.
- Call your town or county, they may treat your area for free.
- Remove objects that allow water to sit more than 4 days, buckets, pet dishes, bird feeders, tire swings and planters…. Keep gutters clear of debris, this will collect standing water as well.
- Remove and clean up leaves and debris, both ticks and mosquitoes will hide here.
- Repair screen doors and windows.
Are you tired of hiding from your yard? Have you decided that change needs to happen? Follow these instructions before you hire ANYONE!
- Ask to see a license or certification.
Everyone here at Northeast Pro-Con Solutions, LLC is licensed and insured. We maintain these licenses by attending many continuing education courses.
- Ask whether they have a plan to protect non-target organisms. Chemicals That kill mosquitoes can also kill beneficial insects, honeybees and butterflies.
There must be a plan to prevent this from happening. Our service technicians first walk the area and inspect the property and beyond the property. They understand which way the wind is blowing and use that to their advantage, walking with the wind to keep the treatment where it should be and minimizing drift. They look for neighbors, children and foraging insects that are off target.
- Reject mosquito misting systems.
They are expensive, and they generally involve spraying one chemical across an entire yard, they can breed insecticide resistance.
What are the risks of disease from Mosquito and Tick bites?
- Lyme disease
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
- West Nile Virus
- Encephalitis (several types)
- Yellow fever
- Dengue fever
- Chikungunya virus
What Our Clients Say
Second year getting my yard sprayed for ticks and mosquitoes and I will do it every year! Nothing beats being able to enjoy those summer nights without swatting at mosquitoes all night. Living next to the marsh we couldn’t even go outside during daylight never mind dusk. Sat outside at night for hours after the treatment with NO bug spray and NO mosquitoes or ticks!
– Kelly G. – Dartmouth, MA